Technical Producer II - League Studio, SDK
Job Id: REQ-0006560
Technical Producers at Riot lead passionate development teams to create products and experiences that want to achieve maximum developer and player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As a Technical Producer on the League SDK team, you will partner with Engineering, Product, and Tech Leads to guide a team in developing the LeagueSDK, a set of APIs that game devs can use to more easily integrate with the services built for League Studio games. This team is the intersection point between games and services; creating patterns that let game teams “do it right” from the start and building foundations that allow game teams to clean up existing bespokeness.
You'll also guide SRE-style development, measuring operational toil and Service Level Objectives to increase operational efficiency and service reliability. You will set team direction to ensure project goals are met, manage the day-to-day work, be the custodian of delivery processes internal to the team and ensure that collaboration with external teams runs smoothly. You will oversee delivery, build work systems, maintain execution, and provide initiative leadership with visibility on complex deliverables. You will also ensure the team works at a sustainable pace and continuously improves. You will report to the Service Operations Delivery Lead.
- Run daily team production operations and development processes for the team
- Improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goal setting
- Assess the team's health and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success
- Increase efficiency in how we do development through simplification and standardization
- Partner with the Engineering Manager, Technical Lead, and Product Lead to develop a vision and development strategy for the team
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a producer, product manager, or development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field; or equivalent experience with technical knowledge and problem-solving skills
- Manager on medium to large teams working on complex technical problems
- Experience leading software engineering teams, setting up work systems, improving team effectiveness and health, and delivering projects
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development process and practices
- Experience managing the priority of team and product backlogs, writing user stories, and leading estimation and scoping
- Experience working with teams building software for backend services and game clients
- Experience working in a continuous delivery/deployment environment
- Experience working with SRE, DevOps, or software operations engineering teams
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles + Bellevue only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).