Tech Lead - Content Production Efficiency (Python)
Job Id: REQ-0006581
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has expanded our footprint in Asia and accelerated our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where YOU come in!
As a Tech Lead on League of Legends, you will assist the substantial art team in shipping player-facing content by producing new or improving existing tools, automated processes, and tests.
The weight of the position requires collaboration with all art (& technology) disciplines (Animation, VFX, SFX, QA, etc.) to make sure we have a thoughtful set of tools that content creators can use (e.g., automate processes, create plugins for third-party tools like (Maya, Wwise, substance and what not).
Most of these tools are written in Python.
For this role, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will also partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves those partners' quality of life and effectiveness.
- Work in a Sprint Team that develops tools for internal users
- Provide engineering support to technical artists on tools & pipeline enhancements, including systems analysis, design reviews, and code reviews
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Create standards to ensure high-quality code
- Work with all the stakeholders (artists, TA, producers) to create new needed tools
- Communicate with all the stakeholders to identify and fix pain points and blockers
- Align with international teams on coding standards, engineering practices, and technology updates
- Analyze the existing codebase to identify Tech debt and propose solutions to clear them
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and 1-on-1 feedback
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer
- 3+ years of deep hands-on experience with Python
- Experience Working with Qt or similar UI libraries.
- Experience interacting with Users (e.g., Requirement gathering, Feedback process, workflow analysis, etc.)
- Experience working in a process involving QA, with test environments and secure deployment.
- Experience building scalable and maintainable applications.
- Technical team leadership experience
- Experience working on Content tools & pipelines (e.g., within Gaming, Simulation, AR/VR) or 3D content production (Maya/3DS Max)
- Experience developing for a large number of users over multiple sites
- Understanding of UX and UCD (User Experience process, User Centric Design process)
Good to have Qualifications
- Ability to read/write and speak Mandarin to liaise with overseas teammates.
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experience, this could be your role!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits