Staff Software Engineer - VALORANT, Expressions
Job Id: REQ-0006806
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
In this role you'll be part of a passionate, cross discipline team of developers to implement and design the game assets and code implementation of exciting existing premium content, such as gun skins. In addition your team will build new features and types of in-game content to give players even more ways to express themselves in VALORANT. Part of the role is to collaborate deeply with all the art disciplines that help create our content as well as Design and Product Management to help create content that players will love. You will report to the team's Engineering Manager.
VALORANT is Riot's take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!).
- Design, build and ship the technology for premium content end to end: during creation by artists, when players view the content in the out of game experience, and when players are using the content in game.
- Collaborate effectively with art, design, and other disciplines within game development.
- Work with Artist and Art teams to help create new kinds of content or improve existing ones to help realize the vision of the game
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development processes and coding standards; demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Mentor and grow other engineers on the team
- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Professional or hobby experience with C++, Java, C#, or similar language(s
- Experience with the C++ language specifically
- Experience working with visual effects, 3D, or other artists either in games or in another industry
- Experience with Unreal Engine or a similar game engine
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).