Staff Software Engineer, Infrastructure - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0005418
Riot Engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
Project L is Riot's League-IP take on a competitive fighting game. We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer on Project L, our new fighting game, to work on build and deployment infrastructure! You will work on a variety of projects which include CI / CD pipeline, Cloud deployment, and general studio support. As we grow, you will lead a team of engineers in the technical direction, implementation of the product, and their professional development. You will report to the Engineering Manager of Project L’s BuRST team.
- Contribute to the overall technical architecture planning of Project L
- Design, build, and deliver internet scale backend services for a genre-defining game we will deliver globally to millions of people
- Collaborate with central technology and infrastructure teams to consume and contribute to the Riot platform
- Build features to improve server reliability and performance
- Build and support live services for the game
- Work with cloud technologies and services such as AWS
- Mentor more junior engineers on the team
- Collaborate effectively with art, design, and other disciplines within game development
- 6+ years of experience building large scale backend systems or game services
- Experience developing large distributed systems from scratch, including gathering requirements and designing scalable, production-ready architecture
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with one or more service programing languages
- Experience working on a global scale online game or consumer product
- Experience with cloud computing and cloud technologies such as Terraform, Ansible and Kubernetes
- Experience Golang, C++, Python
- Experience with build pipelines including Jenkins
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Redwood City only) Base salary range between $186,185 USD - $260,705 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.