Sr. Software Engineer - Riot Data, Tech Research
Job Id: REQ-0005524
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
The Technology Research team performs applied research to accelerate the pace of building amazing player experiences at Riot Games. As a Senior Software Engineer focused on content, you’ll contribute to a research team who is looking to improve the pace at which we generate content for future Riot titles. We work closely with these teams to understand their content pipelines, where the pain points exist, and how research can improve their quality of life.
- Design, develop and implement game features, with your efforts spanning in-game systems and out-of-game features.
- Prototype in engine and/or platform new algorithms that expand our content creation capabilities (examples include: style transfer, physics based animation, deep learning for character animation)
- Create and/or contribute to best practices, development processes and coding standards
- Work closely with researchers in Tech Research to understand their needs, create prototypes, and integrate the latest research into our game environments
- Stay up to date on the latest academic advances & industry trends within your area of specialization.
- Inform and manage stakeholders on game teams
- Bachelor in Computer Science, or proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals
- 3+ years of experience in development of large systems design and core areas of gameplay/feature development such as AI, combat, physics, levels, inventory, etc.
- Deep knowledge of modern C++
- 2+ years of Unreal Engine experience
- Working knowledge of how to integrate common content types into games
- Experience working on a content-heavy (e.g. frequent updates, multiple game modes) live game
- Experience working on multiplayer games (.e.g. MMO, RPG, Card games etc) with server-side game logic
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $143,000 USD - $201,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).