Senior Visual Designer - Unpublished Fighting Game
Job Id: REQ-0006810
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has expanded our footprint in Asia and accelerated our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in.
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, and interactive design. Designers collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams and act as art and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving an interface or communication challenge.
As the Senior Visual Designer for Project L, you will develop and execute visuals and UI for game modes, features, content, and products. You will work with other artists to establish the visual design of the game's user interface and work collaboratively with engineers, designers, and producers to create delightful and immersive player experiences.
- Shape UI/UX for the game, produce and ensure UI meets product goals and aligns with the creative and art direction.
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show an excellent grasp of readability, and content hierarchy, knowing differences in game platforms and player behaviour patterns.
- Guide the planning of UI work, and work with the team to build on the vision and goals of the product.
- Have strong ownership of the UI work and produce deliverables/assets through each stage of development, driving the development of concepts from end-to-end (from the early ideation phase to implementation in the game engine, polish, release to post-launch).
- Understand concepts and processes behind the guides while knowing when and where to push boundaries beyond the guides to enhance players’ experiences further and create players’ value.
- Maintain the quality bar for your discipline and be the UI/VD advocate in the team.
- Possess a growth mindset, seeking mentorship from the discipline artists and community while willing to give feedback and guide junior artists.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist.
- Hands-on experience contributing to a major feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating visual design creativity and understanding of UIUX design in games and/or related fields.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC visual design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Solid knowledge and experience in typography, layout, colour, and iconography design.
- Experience working with Figma and/or other UIUX design apps.
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline, including optimisation, localisation, and implementation.
- Familiarity with Unreal or relevant game engines.
- Experience in secondary areas such as motion graphics, illustration, and basic 3D knowledge is a plus.
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits