Senior Technical Writer, Wild Rift
Job Id: REQ-0006712
As a Technical Writer on the Wild Rift Shanghai team, you will be responsible for crafting player facing text in order to support player’s understanding of in game features and gameplay. You will be responsible for generating and documenting English text strings in order to support localization from Mandarin to English. You will report to the production lead in the Shanghai office.
- Independently conduct interviews and strategy sessions with product owners, engineers, solutions architects, and others to gather information to create and edit content
- Take ownership of content for all assigned projects including facts gathering, quality assurance, file organization and management, and writing.
- Provide accurate, complete, and well written content that all audience levels understand
- 5 + years as a technical writer in the tech industry
- Excellent technical writing skills including editing and formatting.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Champion of fundamental technical writing disciplines and principles
- Production of deliverables unerringly on schedule with the highest quality possible
- Understanding of source control systems and maintaining multiple versions of content
- Unparalleled writing and communication skills
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).