Senior Software Engineer - Gameplay (C++)
Job Id: REQ-0006582
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has expanded our footprint in Asia and accelerated our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where YOU come in!
As a Staff Software Engineer - Gameplay on League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics, you will be responsible for supporting the League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics (TFT) content team to deliver Player-facing features (e.g., Arenas, Little Legends, Player Personalization, Events…) or parts of a new Game-Modes.
The League engine game is written in C++ and LUA.
For this role, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will also partner with other teams and disciplines to ensure that your work improves those partners' quality of life and effectiveness.
- Work in a Sprint Team that delivers features to players in a bi-weekly release schedule
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Create standards to ensure high-quality code
- Work with all the stakeholders (artists, TA, producers) to create needed features
- Take ownership of live features and engineer technical improvements
- Align with international teams on coding standards, engineering practices, and technology updates to ensure the longevity of League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics
- Analyze the existing codebase to identify Tech debt and propose solutions to clear them.
- Coach and mentor more junior engineers through code reviews and 1-on-1 feedback
- 8+ years of deep hands-on experiences with C++ working on Gameplay features
- Experience working on multiplayer games (e.g., MMO, RPG, MOBA, etc.) with server-side game logic
- Experience working with QA, test environments, and secure deployment
- Experience developing large systems from scratch, including gathering requirements, designing scalable, production-ready architecture, breaking down the project into smaller work items, and leading the development across multiple contributors
- Genre affinity for, and knowledge of, competitive Moba or Strategy games
- Experience working on a content-heavy (e.g., frequent updates, multiple game modes) live games
- Experience working with Scripts (Lua, Python, Monoscript, C#))
Good to have Qualifications
- Technical team leadership experience
- Ability to read/write and speak Mandarin to liaise with overseas teammates
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experience, this could be your role!
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits