Senior Product Manager, Shanghai Studio, League PC
Job Id: REQ-0006224
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate teams to create products and experiences that seek to achieve maximum player value. We guide development, smash through obstacles and push projects across the finish line while making sure that our teams are sustainable and have a great collaborative environment.
As Senior Product Manager within the Riot Shanghai Studio supporting League PC, you’ll report to an initiative product owner. You’ll set the product direction, manage the day-to-day work, be the custodian of delivery processes internal to the team and ensure that collaboration with external teams runs smoothly. You’ll approach problem spaces in the Chinese market with a global perspective. You’ll collaborate across Riot teams to guide the vision and work across teams to implement high-quality game features.
- Accountable for the product and quality of in-game features, including KPI development and backlog and roadmap
- Manage and improve work systems, team performance metrics, and goals setting
- Identify misalignment areas in development and develop risk mitigation plans
- Assess the team's maturity, health, and composition to ensure that the team is set up for success
- Build strong relationships with partner teams and craft working agreements to manage joint projects
- Create and contribute ideas to areas beyond your immediate ownership across different teams and disciplines
- Knowledge of the MOBA genre
- Minimum of 4 years of product or delivery experience in gaming, tech, or related industries
- Experience in game development
- Bi-lingual fluency at a business level in English, with knowledge of game development terminology (i.e. - Engineering or Design)
- Experience working in both US and Chinese business cultures, and understand how to bridge cultural gaps and build collaborative frameworks
- Experience running programs or projects that span organizational borders
- Experience applying Agile and Lean development processes and practices
- Knowledgeable in Jira use, configuration, and limitations
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).