Senior Manager, Operations - Production Department Operations
Job Id: REQ-0005999
The Production Department supports over 600 Rioters including product managers, producers, program managers, release managers and live ops producers.
At Riot Games, we care deeply about craft. Production is one of five Departments, each designed to establish high standards, to grow and nurture craft, provide support and services and to drive team effectiveness at a high level.
In this role, you will lead the Production Operations team and report directly to the Head of Production. You will lead the execution of high priority programs and services such as production tools, best practices, job family architecture, L&D and training, and more. Your work will make Riot an amazing place for product-minded Rioters to work and create. You will work closely with the Head of Production, the People team, business leaders and production leaders across Riot Games. You will help set the strong foundation required for Riot to scale and to support Rioters so we can make some awesome experiences for our Players in the coming years and decades.
- Work with the Head of Production to develop a multi-year strategy and plans for Production Operations initiatives (e.g., rolling out Job Families Architecture, Craft Leadership, L&D, best practices, career pathing, organizing summits, etc.).
- Build and manage an operations team to execute on the Department's strategic initiatives.
- Work with internal and external partners on the creation of new operations programs. Key internal partners include other departments and operations teams, product partners, and the People team.
- Prepare annual forecasting of resource needs in partnership with the Head of Production; develop and manage resourcing plan.
- Act as a liaison with other operations teams to support knowledge sharing and coordination across teams doing similar work
- Act as a member of the Production Department Leadership team, collaborating on Production Department support infrastructure, and developing policies and best practices to ensure fairness and consistency across the Production Department
- Minimum 7 years working in a production type role such as producer, program manager, product manager, development manager
- You care about people and you have at least 3 years managing direct reports
- You have experience creating roadmaps and estimating ambiguous and complex projects
- You have a diverse communications and facilitations toolkit that you use to implement in any medium
- You understand current trends in the internal communications space
- You know how to measure the impact and resonance of your work
- Experience working in production (product manager, producer, development manager) in game teams.
- Experience working tech or creative entertainment companies
- Passion for gaming or empathy for the fan experience is a huge plus!
- Excited to work in dynamic environments
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $168,000 USD - $234,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.