Senior Manager, Game Product Management, Wild Rift Shanghai
Job Id: REQ-0006395
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Product Managers at Riot, we seek deep understanding of player expectations and drive product directions. We lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish-line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Senior Manager, Game Product Management for Wild Rift Shanghai, you'll report to the Executive Producer on Wild Rift, in the Shanghai Studio. The Wild Rift Shanghai team is an interdisciplinary functional development team that works with partners in China and the US to lead development of the popular award-winning mobile game. The Wild Rift Shanghai team shape the experience for Wild Rift players globally, ensuring that Wild Rift exceeds players’ expectations every single game.
You'll work with Riot and partner product teams to to set and reinforce product strategy across multiple areas of the game, including core gameplay experiences, around game features, game content, game technology, and monetization. You'll partner with the Executive Producer and other product managers on your team to ensure partner teams are aligned to Riot's goals and philosophies. You'll hold all parties accountable for product outcomes. You'll also manage other product owners on your team. Your work may involve travel to Los Angeles and Shenzhen.
- Work closely with the EP and partner leadership to align, maintain, and evolve the product vision to bring Wild Rift to players
- Develop the through line from product vision to mission, goals and ultimately shaping product strategy collaboratively with co-developer teams to provide value for players in China and Rest of World
- Harness the strengths of our development and publishing partners to facilitate the formation of strategic, meaningful product priorities, rather than reactive feature delivery
- Manage collaboration and alignment between Wild Rift, Riot central teams, and partner leadership teams by unifying common goals and clearly communicating the value being delivered to players every release
- Drive accountability by crafting meaningful KPI targets with co-developers and Riot product leads to continuously improve on future shot-calls based on post-ship reviews
- Manage, mentor, train, and grow Riot Shanghai Product Owners.
- 5+ years of games industry experience in game design or game production
- Deep understanding of mobile market
- Deep understanding of motivational audience needs and game principles for PVP games
- Collaboration skills that can bridge teams of different disciplines and cultures
- Experience managing cross-functional teams
- Business fluency in English and Mandarin
- 8+ years of games industry experience in game design or game production
- Genre affinity in the mobile MOBA space
- Experience building cross-disciplinary teams
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gamingIt's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).