Senior Game Product Manager - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: 5442
As a Senior Games Product Manager (Games PM) at Riot, you will combine deep knowledge of players and systems with product leadership capabilities to drive player, product and business impact.
As the Games PM for a Research & Development team, you will build monetization (and interdependent systems, like progression) from the ground up. You will partner with designers and team members to create and iterate on systems to maximize our business outcomes without compromising on what makes our games world-class in terms of fun, engagement, and player-focus. You will report to the Lead Producer.
- Develop a deep understanding of player needs and behaviors and use it to define and drive the vision, strategy and roadmap for monetization and progression, in order to achieve player, product, and business impact.
- Design monetization and progression systems under complex constraints and iteratively: Design at all levels, from general business model to specific features and products that drive player behavior
- Partner with team leads to create a content strategy that is audience-driven and designed for sustainability
- Analyze existing genre-specific and broader market best practices and apply them to the game
- Work with Monetization Designers and Product Managers across the organization to establish Riot best practices
- 6+ years of experience in roles focused on product management or game design
- 2+ years of experience designing a monetization product, distribution mechanism or building systems from scratch in the video game industry
- Experience fully owning a product or feature from ideation to launch
- Experience making games as a service
- Experience creating impactful monetization projects covering ideation, scoping, design and execution
- Experience with full-lifecycle feature or product ownership, from ideation to launch
- Experience in advanced data analytics, modeling, statistics, etc
- Familiarity with League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $168,000 USD - $234,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $168,000 USD - $234,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.