Senior Business Strategist
Job Id: REQ-0006384
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. In 2015, Riot Games China was set up and dedicated to creating tailored experiences for local players. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve game experiences and beyond! We are looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. That’s where you come in!
As Business Strategist on the China Strategic Advisory team, you’ll join a dedicated team committed to becoming the most player-focused game company in the world. You share our focus on player experience, rejection of convention, and intense passion for gaming. Specifically, you will take care of strategy and insights initiatives for CN Regional and support to ensure the whole office is equipped with decision-making support. You’ll identify areas where strategy and insights can help improve outcomes and be more player-informed.
The role would focus on the team agenda while taking into account the central product road map, CN's goals, publishing plans, and developing the team’s analytics ability. The role would also grow the team to support the future vision of CN and may include the tracking/measuring of content measurements, creating a holistic analysis and attribution platform and creating relevant dashboards for the leadership team.
- Develop CN’s Objective and OKRs, by taking global vision and local context into account
- Based on the comprehensive understanding on all departments, develop holistic and detailed strategy based on OKRs, working closely with all the leaders to break down and cascade OKRs
- Follow up and track strategic initiatives and be facilitator to solve the problem; Measure the results of execution, identify key learnings, and evolve the initiatives to deliver greater value to players
- Communicate insights and strategic recommendations to other teams, fueling their ideation and decision making
- Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly business update and reviews, and communicate to related stakeholders
- Be the key point of contact to central teams, on results tracking, planning and potential projects
- Develop written document or presentation for CEO or senior leaders
Strategic Planning and Forecasting
- Co-lead with finance team on SPF practice, support and coordinate with all leaders to translate their strategy to financial planning, balance the ambition and constraint, and communicate with central
- Follow up and track the actual phasing and do the adjustments if applicable
- PMO the key strategic projects for Riot China; Drive and manage the timeline for new strategic initiatives and experimental projects
- Be the key contact person for PMO of Tencent and central
Innovative Project Incubation
- Support other key projects of strategic significance; research, develop and execute new strategic initiatives and relevant experimental projects in China as special task force
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 + yrs of related working experience
- Passionate about games and the player experience; able to empathize with the joys and plights of players
- Experience in strategy planning, business planning, or management consulting
- Experience preparing written reports for an executive audience
- Strong communication, presentation, and networking skills
- Professional experience in entertainment content or video games
- Experience on accounting and financial planning
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).