Senior Brand Manager, TV & Film
Job Id: REQ-0006785
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Brand Management at Riot, like everything else at Riot, is focused on our players and fans. Our philosophy is that the brand at Riot exists to ensure trust, to help inspire interest and to provide meaning for all things that we do - this includes the Riot Brand, our games, esports, and Entertainment.
As a Brand Manager (TV & Film) on the Riot Publishing team, reporting to the head of Entertainment Marketing, you will lead all the TV/movie titles launch and marketing campaigns in a bid to harness the Riot entertainment landscape and fan community in China. The strategies we develop are critical to driving awareness for theatrical releases, growing box office and SVOD viewership.
You’ll work closely with the global and local Entertainment team (Content, Music, Consumer Products), Game Publishing team, Creatives, our external partners as well as third-party vendors to bring engaging Entertainment experiences to the players in China.
You love to push convention and have an ambitious spirit. You accept the unknown and you're able to come up with ground breaking initiatives that will take our relationship with fans and franchise partners to the next level.
- Perform in-depth market research and consumer analysis to determine the target audience for every project and create a viewer-oriented marketing strategy.
- Lead and execute TV & Film Marketing campaigns in coordination with local and global internal stakeholders, distribution partners and external media agencies.
- Create press kits and make sure all promotional messaging and materials are aligned with the overarching marketing strategy.
- Translate marketing goals into social media strategies and develop social always-on plans with agencies for titles’ social channels that continuously drive community growth and fandom.
- Be a strategic partner between the China Entertainment and Publishing teams - encouraging successful synergies through close collaboration and partnership across Entertainment, Games, Esports pillars.
- Lead premier / roadshow event planning and execution with vendors and internal partners.
- Reporting and campaign recap.
- At least 5 years of relevant marketing experience, Entertainment industry is preferred
- Speak and write fluent English and Chinese while having in-depth knowledge about culture/ digital trends
- Have sound experience with external partnership management and phenomenal communicator, not only can speak your mind directly, can layout the logics behind; persuasive towards internal stakeholders as well as external partners
- Utilize your suite of skills to level up your and your team's creative ideas based on meticulous analysis, metrics, and statistics
- Show strong strategic thinking, being able to make decisions from a macro perspective considering your partner and the market ecosystem; but at the same time, you show the same attention to details because you know that it is the details that make the difference
- Excellent campaign management skills
- Game player/ experience with League of Legends is a plus