QA Engineer III - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006722
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.” Working with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has expanded our footprint in Asia and accelerated our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players.
The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player. We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where you come in.
At Riot, we believe “Quality Assurance” is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it’s a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers realize their best work and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. This fantastic opportunity challenges us to rethink our approach to achieve the very best for our players. We help Riot sustainably craft excellent experiences for our players globally.
You can use your experience in QA within game development to build a player-quality strategy. You'll join a multi-disciplined team of developers and designers on a mission to improve the player experience. As an experienced QA Engineer III, you will lead our quality efforts for VALORANT and provide testing support for a product team working across VALORANT features to provide value to millions of players.
- As QA Engineer III for VALORANT, you will be vital in supporting your development teams, Engineers, and Artists, executing and owning the QA process to deliver quality to Players.
- You will improve and refine efficient solutions to problems while continuously enhancing delivery.
- Establishing best-quality practices that help ship great experiences for Players is a fundamental expectation for this role.
- You will drive accountability for overall quality as essential for decision-making across product leadership.
- Establishing metrics that matter, using data to guide action.
- Communication driven, representing the QA team's work on progress, tasks or blockers, and the overall quality of the assigned product.
- 6+ years of experience leading Quality efforts in game development
- You have successfully grown a culture of quality across teams and products
- Continuous improvement of your product, discipline, and craft
- Experience working with remote development and test teams
- Experience in applying your expertise to solve systemic problems
- Experience working with test automation and tools strategy
- ISTQB qualifications; i.e., Agile Tester/Expert level/Adv. Test Mgr.
- SCRUM/Agile qualifications
- Development/Test experience across several platforms; Mobile, Console, PC
- Full relocation support
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and your children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits