Principal 3D Environment Artist, League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0006288
As Principle 3D Environment Artist on the League of Legends PC Gameplay team, you will help evolve the next generation of the world's greatest PC MOBA. You will empower artists and designers to rapidly build gameplay prototypes. You will define, develop and maintain a scalable environment art production pipeline. You will help test and deploy vibrant new League of Legends experiences to a global fandom.
- Define scalable construction methodology, and working processes.
- Define and ensure asset technical compliance for stringent platform requirements.
- Partner with engineers to develop robust editor toolset features.
- Improve workflow efficiencies, authoring tools, and performance targets.
- Manage art content data structures.
- Be a technical mentor for the environment artists.
- 5+ years of experience as a real-time technical or general environment artist.
- Familiarity with modular and procedural methodologies.
- Experience working with game engines such as Unreal or Unity.
- Familiarity with techniques such as PBR shaders, real-time lighting, physical cameras, visual environments, destruction, scatter terrain, and post-processing effects.
- Proficient skills in 3D/2D DCC Software - Maya, 3DS Max, Substance, or Houdini.
- Experience with scripting, programming, and software performance profiling.
- Experience with stylized hand-painted styles or illustrative techniques.
- Experience building games that feature isometric player-cameras.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $151,000 USD - $211,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).