Post Production Supervisor
Job Id: REQ-0006448
As Post Production Supervisor (or Manager, Post Production Video Operations as it's known internally) , you'll join our Media House Content department to lead a team shaping the aesthetics of our premier global esports leagues and events, such as the League of Legends European Championship (LEC), European Masters and more in EMEA. You will work with designers, on-air talent, event teams and partners globally to guide product vision and manage a vendor suite.
You will lead the Post & Graphics team in standardizing digital and physical graphics, editorial video, original video content, broadcast production and business project management needs within the Media House and will contribute to implementing upgraded processes as strategies evolve. You will manage the integration of EMEA Esports media assets management into the Stryker Team's software solution as well as handle the day-to-day workflow of all assets (both digital and physical) to ensure they are efficiently tracked, organized and delivered as needed, and will also provide advanced graphic design support on a number of projects across all our brands.
You are well versed in production, graphics, and animation pipelines and will be the bridge support on the Media House team for the Post Production pipeline, working with internal and external partners and managing vendors.
As a Rioter in Berlin, you'll join a tight-knit team that shares our focus on player experience, rejection of convention and passion for gaming. Together with a team of dedicated esports enthusiasts you will create awesome player experiences in and around esports in EMEA. You will report to the Executive Producer, Media House Content.
- Manage the asset management, graphics and editorial team and lead the EMEA Media House in successfully integrating with Project Stryker's MAM system
- Create compelling and engaging digital and physical creative content for all Europe & MENA Esports
- Help standardize editorial and business project management within Riot Media House and implement upgraded processes as strategies evolve.
- Develop and execute creative pieces and ideas within brand guidelines
- Build-out and maintain post-production process manuals and other internal documents and maintain proper tracking and archiving of assets across internal teams, supporting the technical operations/asset management cycles.
- Work closely with multiple internal departments and create designs to support Riot EMEA esports campaigns and initiatives and collaborate with in house and Vendor production teams on defining key post specifications for delivery
- Create engaging, effective visual design solutions that'll reach both player-focused goals and business objectives
- Facilitate communication between producers, vendors and internal partners and form close working relationships across teams in order to achieve consensus around processes and implement them as smoothly as possible.
- Working with graphics, editorial and social media producers, designing and managing workflows in the department
- Managing media pipeline, from backing up and archiving media, to making sure footage is accessible and readily available and preparing and shipping media as necessary
- Implementation and maintenance of GFX/assetg efx/music asset management system (ICONIK)
- Collaborate with Media House Production, Content and Broadcast teams to oversee daily tasks
- Track, process, prepare and manage all Post Production media, assets and resources
- Oversee that Post Production workflows are followed over multiple projects, simultaneously
- Ensure all media assets are delivered on time and to spec
- Ensure visual communications and brand standards are met
- Identify problem areas quickly and pose creative solutions
- Verifying media quality and making sure it is to Riot specifications
- Manage administrative paperwork
- Interact with other departments to ensure client needs are continually met
- You continuously learn new techniques and methods to elevate your work
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience in a graphics, motion design or animation role with a post-production operations-focus, preferably including digital media and in-house video production in the gaming, entertainment or sports industry
- You are a confident and experienced team leader, able to manage and motivate team members on a daily basis and are comfortable acting proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
- You're an expert with the right tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, Figma, project management, collaboration tools and others
- You have experience in:
- creation of digital and physical assets, knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, visual composition, logo, typography, packaging, print, and web (socials/websites formats & layouts).
- working on high-profile projects including celebrities, tight deadlines, and large, visible brands
- working across many different brands, genres, and types of content – social, branded, digital
- working with several of our main production workflows, such as: graphic design, animation, live action, motion graphics, web design, social, digital advertising. direct-to-tape and live broadcast.
- You thrive in a digital environment but you also have experience with physical materials
- You have a deep knowledge of the post-production and production process and equipment
- Undergraduate degree
- Hands-on and strategic experience in developing and implementing post-production process
- Fluency in one or more European languages
- A wealth of clever ideas to remove or work around project blockers. You believe process is important, but not at the expense of results
- You understand the importance of client relations and are flexible with your time in order to respond promptly or hit a delivery deadline.
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Commuting allowance
- Play funds so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Daily lunch, snacks and fruits in the office
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to nonprofits
- Travel allowance
- Wellness allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!