Marketing Communications Strategist, Northern Europe (Paternity Cover - 12 Weeks)
Job Id: 5455
As Marketing Communications Strategist for Northern Europe, this person will be primarily responsible for PR activities in the region (UK, Ireland and Nordics).
You will partner with agencies, support our brand managers and work with teams across Riot Games to build authentic and powerful narratives around our products and players. You will ensure that our messaging extends across all earned and owned channels in a compelling, player-focused way. Your insights and ability to connect messaging with players will help us build advocacy and passion around games like League, Valorant and Wild Rift.
You will manage our PR agencies and work with a team of motivated regional Rioters to lead our efforts to get the right information in the right hands at the right time. You'll arm our social media agencies and community managers with the right messaging to drive conversation. You will bring fresh eyes and rich experience to our comms and help us all achieve our goals.
As part of the Northern Europe team, you will report to the Marketing Communications Lead. You'll join a team of diverse professionals bringing epic experiences to life through messaging, comms, press releases, stories, moments and words that connect our products to players.
It's a 12 weeks contract.
- Execute and own the overall PR strategy for Northern Europe.
- Partner with Manager, Marketing Communications and Brand Managers to identify and prioritise PR and internal communications needs for the highest-priority products in the market.
- Alongside retained PR agencies, manage the Northern Europe ‘Press Office’, defining the appropriate mix of hands-on work, agency work, and collaboration with internal teams.
- Collate and adapt necessary press materials, including locally relevant copy, key messages and assets.
- Own relationship management of retained PR agencies, being responsible for their overall performance and impact.
- Operate existing systems for routing essential player communications from Central/EMEA teams to NE teams and vice-versa.
- Deliver meaningful narratives via press/media to NE players that are culturally relevant and intentionally local.
- Work with Brand Managers. Manager Marketing Communication, and Social Media Manager to develop player-facing key messages, themes, and long-term narratives to engage local players.
- Collaborate with NE Brand Managers to develop and execute PR campaigns for our highest-value product moments.
- Develop a deep understanding of our players’ preferred endemic and non-endemic PR outlets and information behaviours.
- Track and report on the performance of PR activity and campaigns.
- Build sustainable, trusting, cooperative relationships with Rioters inside and outside your immediate team.
- 3+ years' experience in communication and/or PR role
- Experience in the gaming or entertainment industry
- Your craft is communication: you know how to write compelling press releases, messaging frameworks, and player-facing statements that cut through the noise
- You know what good (and bad) looks like when it comes to PR, corporate comms, and social media
- You've built strategies for publishing teams and can spot an opportunity, a story and a potential issue from miles away
- You care about our players and products - one of your driving forces is how to tell the best story in the best way
- Experience on one or more of our key markets (UKIE and/or Nordics)
- Outstanding written skills - if you're not a native English speaker you definitely write like one
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!