Manager, Software Engineering - Riot Data Products, Data Operations
Job Id: REQ-0006297
As an Engineering Manager within the Data as a Service organization, you will lead and collaborate with a team of Software and Infrastructure Engineers to build, maintain and support infrastructure and systems that are used by Data teams across all of Riot. The scope of systems includes tools and services to support and enable data discovery, data visualization, data lineage, governance, auditability, security & access management for our entire data ecosystem.
You will be responsible for setting technical direction, ensuring craft growth for your direct employees, and enabling a healthy team environment.
Your customers and users range from prototype-level R&D teams to feature teams on Legends of Runeterra, VALORANT, Wild Rift, Teamfight Tactics, and League of Legends. Customers also include internally facing Riot teams, such as Finance, HR, and Data Privacy.
You will report to the Senior Manager for the Data Operations team.
- Create, review, and reframe an engineering vision with the team and key stakeholders including the Technology, Product, and Process Leads.
- Support the vision with a solid strategy including the reallocation of resources to focus on priorities.
- Operate with a strong results orientation emphasizing the importance of efficiency and productivity and prioritizing the highest-value work on the team.
- Identify, recruit, interview, and hire software engineers to help teams scale effectively.
- Mentor engineers identifying stretch opportunities for them to grow.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust, and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Seek different perspectives to solve problems, encouraging engineers and others to contribute ideas. Base your decisions on sound analysis and avoid biases.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software engineering quality and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Strong understanding and experience with the entire data management lifecycle
- Strong understanding and experience building reliable, scalable, and maintainable software systems.
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).