Internal Audit Staff
Job Id: REQ-0006670
Accountants, analysts, and advisors comprise the core of the Finance discipline at Riot, and our work ensures Riot's offices and partners around the world are optimized for strength and speed -- financial and otherwise. We aim to improve and break the mold of finance organizations without forgoing our fiduciary responsibilities. If we're not crunching numbers, you'll find us playing some of the latest games, pursuing our passions or upgrading our knowledge in accounting and finance.
As an Internal Audit Staff, you will play a key role in helping us establish an internal audit function. You will be involved in the planning and execution of a series of projects spanning operational, financial, and compliance projects across a variety of departments and international locations and will report to the Internal Audit Manager. Your passion for identifying issues and improving processes will ensure Riot is committed to delivering efficiency and effectiveness across the company.
- Perform risk assessments and walkthrough inquiries identifying risks related to applicable audit
- Work with Finance and Accounting departments to identify, document, and test key financial controls
- Perform detailed testing for the applicable audit
- Improve existing processes by finding ways to add efficiency or quality
- Communicate audit results and offer valuable recommendations for remediation to Management
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with process owners and stakeholders in various departments effectively, to increase awareness of the importance of risk and controls
- Support additional accounting projects and ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with your teammates in both local and international offices
- Engage in training opportunities for yourself and the broader team
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- Minimum of two years' experience in public or corporate accounting
- Knowledge of GAAP standards
- Experience handling a variety of accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft excel (can perform formulas and functions)
- CPA (or equivalent) license
- Knowledge of ERP systems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $71,000 USD - $99,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.