Infrastructure Technical Manager - EMEA esports, Production
Job Id: REQ-0006900
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work across multiple domains. As Engineering Managers, we gain organizational agreement by building a strong engineering vision and offering creative solutions to organizational design. We also serve as mentors for engineers, guiding their performance and finding growth opportunities while maintaining a focus on shipping player value.
As an Infrastructure Tech Manager of the EMEA esports Production team, you will lead the systems and network engineering team that delivers our esports experiences across the region, spearheaded by LEC. You will oversee the technical and operational delivery of broadcast productions, including team management, equipment maintenance, communications and technical support while also liaising directly with clients. You will also oversee many project management activities, including planning, budgeting and reporting.
This role is based within the Riot Games office in Adlershof, Berlin.
As part of your role, you will travel approximately 30 days per year on the road for roadshows, training, and trade shows.
You will report to the EMEA esports engineering lead.
- Manage a team of systems and network engineers; coaching them, overseeing performance management, identifying growth opportunities, and ensuring positive results.
- Manage the health and performance of the engineering team with empathy and authenticity, building trust and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- Help build great teams through recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and retaining people.
- Stay hands-on with your team's tech, overseeing the technical design and deliverables of the team and working with your team's engineers.
- Understands the product vision, identifies misalignments, and works collaboratively to get the right vision in place
- 2+ years experience directly leading an engineering team either as an Engineering Manager or Technical Lead & mentor.
- 5+ years as a Systems, Network or Infrastructure Engineer with a focus on building consumer or player facing products.
- Understanding of IP based networks and networking principles with a service provider focus
- Experience operating & maintaining live services on Linux and Windows base, including handling emergent issues and troubleshooting
- Experience managing SREs and/or working closely with live operations or live services teams
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience with automation tools (ex: ansible, terraform, chef, puppet).
- Experience in road show environments
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.