Human Resources Business Partner
Job Id: REQ-0006862
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all areas of HR such as hiring, onboarding, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, employee relations and off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As HR Business Partners, we carefully listen to the problem spaces and work with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisers with a specific expertise in all things HR. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what effective human resource practices are.
As an HR Business Partner reporting to the Sr. Manager, HRBP you will bring broad skills to the teams and programs you’re embedded in within our Enterprise functions. You will partner with leaders across a variety of product-lines and central functions as a strategic partner helping shape their People strategy. Primarily, this role will support our Enterprise Technology and Workplace Experience teams, with opportunities to support projects and programs across all Enterprise functions as needed. You will be a go-to resource for all things related to talent, ranging from performance management to total rewards. You will be a culture promoter and a deployer of tools and programs that turn Rioter potential into performance and results.
- Provide day-to-day support, and maintain consistent communication with the manager and team leader populations within assigned customer groups.
- Diagnose organizational and cultural areas of opportunity utilizing both qualitative and quantitative data. Propose solutions and support implementation.
- Help inform organization design with an eye towards effectiveness and future scale, and develop change management plans for important organization changes.
- In partnership with the Sr. Manager, HRBP, supports the development of forward-looking succession, retention, and engagement plans to address gaps and blockers as part of broader workforce and capability planning.
- Support performance management, leading calibration sessions, group specific training and messaging, and coaching leaders and managers.
- Oversee the hiring and onboarding of new managers and individual contributors, in partnership with our Talent Acquisition partners.
- Utilize data and organizational knowledge to provide support in delivery of central D&I programs and guidance.
- Partner with leadership and the compensation team to maintain fair compensation and evolve job leveling within the changing needs of the business.
- Engage L&D, comp, benefits and other COE teams, providing specific business insights to design programs to support your customers.
- Be a contact for employee relations, assisting with documentation and being a first contact for initial leave of absence and accommodation related questions.
- Conduct exit interviews and periodic exit analyses, providing themes to leadership.
- 5+ years of experience in an HR generalist/business partner role with progression
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, Organizational Design, or relevant field; or equivalent work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, consulting, collaboration, and coaching experience
- Experience working with or supporting diverse communities
- Experience supporting technology teams
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $98,000 - $138,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).