Governance & Compliance Manager, Competitive Operations - APAC
Job Id: REQ-0006663
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We celebrated the 10th year of LoL esports at the 2020 World Championship and we hope to share many more great experiences to our players through esports. We’re looking for passionate professionals who share the same goal to make LoL esports even greater.
That's where you come in.
As Governance & Compliance Manager for Riot Esports in APAC you will report to the Head of Competitive Operations APAC and be part of the Competitive Operations Team in Singapore. You will join a lean but impactful team of esports professionals to help govern and operate our Riot Esports properties in the APAC territories.
The APAC Esports team is focused on delivering amazing fan experiences through our regional competitions. Our professional and semi-professional competitive tiers in League of Legends, VALORANT, League of Legends: Wild Rift and other organized play, involve thousands of players and hundreds of organizations competing every week. Riot expects everyone involved in Riot Esports competitions to comply with the Riot Esports rules and regulations.
As Governance & Compliance Manager APAC, you will be responsible for the areas of governance, discipline, monitoring, prevention, and enforcement for our growing esports ecosystem. You will work closely with the regional and global Competitive Operations teams to develop our strategy and tactics for handling complex disciplinary investigations and lead our day to day efforts administering discipline across our esports in the territory.
This is an individual contributor role that focuses on the followings:
- Lead discipline and rules enforcement for our professional and semi-professional ecosystems across our multiple esports in the territory
- Partner with the Global Governance and Compliance lead to level up our existing rulesets and develop new policies and practices to position Riot at the forefront of discipline within esports / sports
- Provide best practices to our various partnered tournament organizers and the wider APAC competitive operations team
- Drive alignment locally and globally to ensure consistency in enforcement and discipline across our different esports
- Collaborate with the Legal team on compliance issues that arise with our esports across the APAC territory
- Design and execute strategy for effective prevention and education programs
- Develop and execute a strategy for managing and engaging with third party government bodies and regulators
- 5+ years of experience in overseeing complex investigations, preferably in traditional sports
- Prior experience managing strategic initiatives and building impactful practices in gaming, international arbitration, courts, and/or professional sports leagues or similar
- Ability to handle sensitive materials with total discretion
- Strong analytical ability and critical thinking skills
- Able to handle ambiguity and work under tight deadlines
- Experience working cross-functionally on multiple work streams with an array of internal & external teams
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and effectiveness in communicating across all levels of an organization
- Fluency in additional language(s) beyond English, such as Korean, Vietnamese, or Japanese would be a plus
- Law degree or experience in the legal field
- Experience with Sports Law
- Knowledge of the global esports ecosystem
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.