Esports Creative Director
Job Id: REQ-0006455
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical acclaim. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience, and beyond! We’re looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. We embrace those who see things differently and aren’t afraid to experiment. That's where you come in.
Reporting to the APAC Content Services Lead, this role will architect and align stakeholders to the creative briefs, creative strategies, and creative assets which support the overall vision of the APAC Esports department across its portfolio of products.
This individual will deploy and guide these creative strategies cross-functionally with internal Riot teams, as well as through its network of esports broadcasting and production partners, to transform the creative work into deliverables that surprise and delight our player base and fans.
- Lead the overall creative direction of the APAC Esports portfolio of products.
- Influence the quality and quantity of the creative work that is being led by creative peers in Riot’s broadcasting partners and/or in other internal teams.
- Lead agency briefs and the creative process most of the time for esports work specific to APAC markets, including content production, broadcast assets and branding.
- Work closely with esports marketing operations, to ensure promotional campaigns are inline with creative esports direction.
- Maintain a strong understanding and knowledge of the APAC esports audience, ensuring products and campaigns are fitted to market.
- Contribute to long range team planning and forecasting, developing overall esports brand culture and values both internally and externally.
- 8+ years of leading successful creative teams in games marketing or creative agency
- A proven track record of developing creative strategies from conception through to final delivery, with while building the foundation of a brand identity with a unique creative platform
- Good understanding of the regional/cultural landscape in the esports communities of APAC.
- Experience collaborating across multiple disciplines from Brand, Creative, Comms, Channels and Broadcast.
- Experience managing multiple partners and vendors across markets.
- Experience in content production, preferable with experience in both live and non-live.
- Level-headed approach to change management, conflict resolution and patience through the fluctuating creative development process
- Strong understanding to gaming industry
- Esports experience, or experience in video game publishing.
- Fluency in English is a must, but strong bonus points for language capabilities in any of our market’s languages: ex. Korean, Thai, Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Indonesia, Tagalog, Japanese, Hindi, Vietnamese or Chinese.
- You are adaptable and will handle whatever the project throws at your plans. You understand the stress that change can bring on people but you gracefully drive everyone calmly through it while being unphased yourself.
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by the laws of your jurisdiction.