Director, Software Engineering - Player Platform, Commerce
Job Id: REQ-0006843
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Director, Software Engineering, you’ll direct cross-functional teams to create new content and better experiences for players around the world.
As Director, Software Engineering of the Commerce initiative, you will lead several teams that create technical solutions enabling secure and reliable payments experience across Riots’ games. You will lead the technical direction of our global payments & content access products to help us serve wider and more diverse audiences. You will provide technical mentorship and serve as an example to the software engineers on the team.
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Software Engineering of the Player Platform business unit.
- You are accountable for the deliverables and technical design of your teams (total team sizes often range from 30 to 70+ people).
- Set technical direction at the initiative level or for a group of teams.
- Effectively communicate technical vision with your initiative/product Product Owner, Development Manager, and other leaders.
- Help track and guide recruiting for your product group or group of teams. You coach other leaders on recruiting best practices and raising the bar.
- Design, implement, and maintain a healthy organizational structure to meet BU and Riot-level goals.
- Establish and manage budgets, staffing plans, and organizational performance management for your group.
- Grow leaders and engineers on your teams.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher
- 13+ years of industry experience
- 8+ years of management experience
- 4+ years experience leading multiple software engineering teams
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot focuses on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy and other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base hourly range of $231,000 USD - $347,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
(Bellevue only) This job has a base hourly range of $231,000 USD - $347,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).