Director of Marketing, Music & Consumer Products
Job Id: REQ-0006762
At Riot, we work every day to make it better to be a player. But being a player doesn't stop at the end of a game anymore. As the gaming landscape continues to collide with entertainment, we're bringing Riot's IPs to players around the world in new ways and inviting new audiences into the fold. The Entertainment Publishing team re-imagines and develops entertainment-driven marketing campaigns and experiences for our global games, including VALORANT, League of Legends and music from K/DA. From music to consumer products, to series/films, we deepen players' and fans' connections to the universe we've created.
As the Marketing Director of Music & Consumer Products on the Entertainment Publishing team, you'll lead the foundational strategies and oversee the global marketing campaigns for all our music and consumer product launches, to achieve the best outcomes for players that align to our goals. You will play an important role in the global publishing leadership team, collaborating with games & esports teams to guide a holistic strategy, and lead integrated campaigns to deliver a cohesive player journey across the globe. You'll lead the team responsible for creating global marketing strategies and execution across the full integrated campaign, working with our Director of Social and the PR, Media, Insights, Product and Regional teams. We ask that you have marketing craft expertise across the music and consumer products industries, welcome collaboration, have lead and developed teams. You will report to the Global Head of Entertainment Publishing.
Your work will help shape global fan perception of the Riot Games brand and ensure our publishing work complements the product in creating an amazing experience with entertainment products for our players. You will take risks to surprise and delight our players, while driving cultural moments that establish Riot Games as the entertainment epicenter of the next century.
- Create holistic publishing and marketing vision for the music and consumer products campaigns within the entertainment pillar in partnership with our player-focused game strategies.
- Guide cross-Riot integrated campaigns, ensuring alignment against entertainment priorities and leading teams toward shared, successful outcomes.
- Create holistic music and CP strategies through a cohesive brand lens. At the highest level, guide teams to define the who/audience, why/strategy, what/messaging, and how/activations and plans across each product will surpass players expectations.
- Lead a team of brand managers to provide strategic direction, oversee marketing campaigns that align to broader Riot goals, exceed player expectations, and differentiate Riot within the industry.
- Strategic partner with entertainment product leadership through clear articulation of brand vision and craft expertise on entertainment marketing strategies.
- Build new collaboration models and processes as a leader across the broader publishing and marketing department, partnering with regions to develop globally-minded campaigns for the biggest player impact.
- Craft campaign Goals and KPI's to measure success, lead broader audience research, campaign post-mortems, and marketing effectiveness studies alongside the insights teams.
- Develop first-to-market innovations, high-profile marketing programs and breakthrough cultural moments. Leading relationships with premiere partnerships with other top-tier brands/media platforms/talent.
- Important entertainment publishing leader alongside the Director of Film/series and Director of Social to promote a culture of innovation, collaboration, inclusivity, transparency and curating unique points of view.
- 10+ years of marketing experience in the music and consumer products industry.
- 4+ years of management experience, directly leading teams. Including the ability to partner with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience working on cultural brands that serve passionate audiences
- Experience both driving business results and driving pop culture.
- Intimate knowledge of the ever-evolving global entertainment, music, consumer products and gaming landscape - including competition, innovations and trends and how they impact our business.
- Passion for innovation, risk-taking and creativity.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $173,000 USD - $241,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.