Director, Insights - Central Strategic Insights Team
Job Id: REQ-0005173
You’ll join the Insights discipline – the group of researchers, analysts, data scientists, and strategists responsible for solving problems and executing analyses that enable Rioters to make difficult decisions with confidence. You’ll be part of an interdisciplinary team and work closely with Rioters from other disciplines (designers, artists, producers, etc.) to conduct studies and analyses that will inform the features, systems, and experiences of our products. Your research and/or analytics background coupled with your deep understanding of data will ensure that you’re an effective advocate for players and can provide strategic guidance about their wants, needs, and behaviors.
As a Director, Insights on the Central Strategic Insights team for Games, you’ll report to the Sr. Director of Strategic Advisory. You'll be part of the broader Central Innovation Strategy & Insights team, partnering with leaders on game teams across the portfolio and lifecycle as well as executives overseeing Riot’s entire games portfolio. You’ll build and manage a research & analytics team that will conduct studies and analyses to help teams deeply understand their audience, opportunities, & product resonance in order to inform the direction, experience, systems, and features of Riot's new games across the lifecycle. You’ll also deeply study the overall games market and audience in order to inform our overall portfolio approach. Your team's scientific skill-set coupled with audience insight will ensure that we are crafting new games in a player-focused way.
- Oversee the Games Central Strategic Insights team that will work with Games pillar leadership and game teams across the Pillar to understand audience & opportunities, generate strategy, and facilitate continual learning by providing market & competitive intelligence studies, strategic audience research & competitive analysis, and revenue forecast & opportunity sizing
- Work with game team leads across the pillar and throughout the lifecycle to identify & meet their needs with regards to understanding their audience, market, competitors, and business prospects, in collaboration with embedded Insights on the game products
- Advise leaders of game teams throughout the product lifecycle (prototype, pre-production, production, live, etc.) on holistic product strategy and audience identification
- Set the work priorities of the central insights team, working to meeting individual game teams needs with a high level of sophistication as well as aggregating across the groups to deliver foundational insights improve our understanding of players across the Games pillar
- Drive work results efficiently and effectively (both through individual contribution and through your team), working in deep partnership with embedded Insighters where appropriate
- Communicate strategic recommendations in front of stakeholders and senior leadership; develop close partnership with EP, PMs, and GDs to help them turn insights into action & impact on the project
- Handle formal management, workforce planning, staffing, and hiring for Insighters on Central Strategic Insights
- Lead, mentor, and support career growth for Insighters on central games insights; developing Riot’s talent base
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Psychology, Economics, Mathematics or a related discipline plus at least 9 years of relevant experience (an advanced degree can account for up to 2 years of experience)
- 5+ years experience working in analytics, research, business strategy, or a similar field
- 3+ years experience managing high performing individuals and teams
- 3+ years experience working directly in game development
- Experience developing strategy for a product or business in a leadership capacity and operationalizing that strategy via ownership or advisory
- Experience building and leading cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to engage in healthy constructive debate
- Capable of building strong collaborative relationships with peers across Riot, and of influencing senior stakeholders
- Deep experience and expertise in several of the previously mentioned crafts (analytics, research, strategy)
- Experience working game teams through the entire lifecycle of the product (development, launch, and live operations) in a leadership role
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $186,000 USD - $278,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.