Director, Head of Insights - Global Esports
Job Id: REQ-0005952
As the Director, Insights - Global Esports, you will be part of the leadership team and act as head of Insights for Riot Esports, the group that develops and delivers our biggest leagues and events. You will lead the Insights team to develop an understanding of fans and foster a culture of learning and validation on product teams. You will ensure that product strategies and decisions are grounded in data, to lead to positive outcomes for both fans and Riot. You will lead a team of analysts and researchers, creating a healthy team environment in which they succeed and grow. You will report directly to the COO of Esports.
- Drive Performance
- Partner with Business Operations and Finance to drive strategic planning activities for the Esports pillar
- Develop and implement new metrics and analysis to make Esports sharper and more direct in moving towards key objectives
- Lead a team that develops and delivers consistent health reports of our global products and supports products through new insights learned
- Audience & Product Development
- Lead coordination across products and regions to prioritize new research and analytical efforts. Own the global roadmap for new engagements.
- Drive audience research efforts that help product leads take steps to grow fandom and increase the reach of our sports effectively
- Engage with product leadership to support product development through strong analytical frameworks, market analysis, and product research
- Work with global leads to identify key opportunities for review. Lead a team that organizes explorations, executes analysis and model development, and makes recommendations for future product development
- Deliver workshops and other communications that grow the knowledge of our fans and opportunities for members of Esports and Riot. Be an advocate for ways to improve fandom and financial success
- Partnership & Communication
- Support the development of new partnerships by showcasing who the Riot Esports fan is for potential partners
- Provide transparency and grow trust with partners by developing and maintaining best in class measurement practices for our partnerships
- Partner with Communications to best tell the story of our sports, fans, and product growth through data
- Data & Telemetry
- Partner with product teams to define the needs of our telemetry and data systems
- Engage with Data leadership to design and implement new systems for collection, reporting, and application of data
- Evaluate market offerings to improve our understanding and ability to serve fans through data and insights partnerships
- Business Planning
- Participate in cross pillar strategic planning sessions to support better goal setting and roadmapping for Riot
- Engage in strategy leadership rituals to represent Esports in planning and Riot wide capability development
- Lead a team that supports forecasting and prioritization efforts across products and regions with robust models and continued insights
- Team & Capability Development
- Lead and grow a team that can deliver insights and improve the performance of our products
- Support the personal development of senior analysts and researchers in their craft, management, and leadership growth
- Develop, communicate, and implement the vision, roadmap, and operational strategy for the Insights team to deliver against the needs of the Esports business
- Work with department leadership to assess personnel development and assignments. Strategize on organizational plans to improve the current and future impact of Insights on Riot performance
- 12+ years of experience in data analytics, research, business strategy, management consulting, product management, or related experience
- Working knowledge of both analytics and research, with 5+ years specializing in at least one
- 5+ years of experience managing individuals and teams
- 2+ years of experience working on game, sports, or entertainment strategy
- Experience managing managers
- Experience working with international teams and products
- MBA or higher level degree in math, finance, or information systems
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $207,000 USD - $311,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.