Communications Manager, League of Legends, EMEA
Job Id: REQ-0006147
The Publishing Services team in EMEA manages many direct-to-player publishing functions such as communications, social media, influencer strategies, events, content and channel management.
The team is dedicated to providing platforms for authentic local interactions and channel experiences for our players, both online and offline. The team will also ensure that our content reaches our players through the right medium.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Marketing Communications EMEA, you will be based in Reading, UK.
You will work across our MOBA game portfolio, including League of Legends and Wild Rift, collaborating closely with the EMEA Brand team, global publishing and channel marketing teams, local publishing teams, and partners to promote content and campaigns across different platforms.
You will be responsible for guiding our regional channel strategies, and work closely with publishing teams across EMEA to ensure our MOBA games continue to resonate with our players - whether communicating through influencer partnerships, social media, community events, or other earned and owned channels.
You will participate in a community of practice around player communications and community, ensuring we're all pushing in the same direction and working from the same playbook when we talk to players.
- Be a strategic partner to EMEA Brand Managers, and regional publishing teams, supporting their efforts to prioritise channels and tactics that help us win the MOBA genre
- Represent the voice of our regional publishing teams country teams at a global level - acting as a spokesperson and support on MOBA titles around player communications, channels and player community.
- Grow and amplify unique EMEA initiatives alongside EMEA Brand Managers and regional publishing teams that deliver player value.
- Working with Insights team - identify, assess and share earned and owned channel opportunities for our MOBA titles with the wider EMEA teams
- Align all EMEA countries on campaign goals and measurements KPIs. Roll out measurement plans and enhance the team's collective knowledge of campaign performance, future audience and landscape.
- Working closely with global influencer teams and EMEA influencer managers, represent the product goals of the MOBA genre in a cross-product, diverse, sustainable and insightful influencer ecosystem. Ensure consistency of the programme across our portfolio alongside Action, Strategy and Esports Communications Managers in the Publishing Services team.
- Working with EMEA Brand Managers and Publishing Services team, establish communication roadmaps for better campaign deployments and gather post campaign feedback on the deployment process.
- Drive asset management planning for games in our Action genre, working closely with the key stakeholders in the global teams (Global Channel Marketing, Publishing, Community and Communications) to ensure that all content produced is delivered on time to country teams. Establish and implement the necessary procedures for improving asset collection and delivery efficiency.
- Identify and run RFPs to secure agency support where necessary; work with our internal creative team, internal social media team, and external agency/agencies to develop content for pan EMEA campaigns.
- 6+ years of experience in communication, social or influencer management at an agency or in-house in the video game, technology, or entertainment industry
- Knowledge of the MOBA Genre, Mobile gaming and industry landscape
- Global or regional experience working at an international HQ or across multiple countries/markets
- Knowledge of regional differences, market sensitivities, cultural curiosity and understanding, differences in localisation
- Experience implementing successful communications campaigns with passionate audiences
- Experience in influencer management, community management, or social media marketing experience
- Experience growing content pipelines (in-house and external/agency)
- Fluent in written and verbal English, and fluency in at least one other EMEA relevant language
- Medical and dental insurance
- Open paid time off
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- Wellness allowance
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits
- Travel Allowance
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!