Accessibility QA Engineer II - Production, Central QA
Job Id: REQ-0005387
An Accessibility QA Engineer is responsible for maintaining the Accessibility quality of our products. The QA Accessibility Engineer will do this by supporting and equipping our product teams (through the entire product development life cycle) to ensure our digital products are delivered successfully. This person will be responsible for supporting and implementing all aspects of Accessibility integration into manual and automated tests.
- Partner with QA teams to build Accessibility into the existing QA processes
- Perform flash-rate testing on new content
- Perform (or facilitate) regression testing and audits on existing content (web, game, video etc)
- Create Accessibility user stories against which to log and manage defects
- Triage and prioritize Accessibility issues and provide guidance on for Product teams on how these issues can be remediated
- Analyze test results to identify training opportunities, processes/methods that may need updating, design and development methods that need refinement
- Train and educate product teams on Accessibility requirements
- 3-5 years of QA experience including manual and automated testing
- 3-5 years of Accessibility experience (plus if Accessibility testing)
- Experience using and testing with all common screen readers: JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver
- Experience using and testing keyboard navigation and other assistive technology
- Experience testing with flash-rate testing tools (eg. Harding, PEAT)
- In-depth understanding of Accessibility standards, principles and techniques, including (WCAG, WAI-ARIA, Section 508 C), with the ability to interpret and advise on these standards
- Ability to partner with cross-functional teams to achieve product goals
- Ability to translate end-user feedback into actionable items or tickets to be executed by product teams
- Ability to deliver training to product teams
- Experience using task and ticket management tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence,
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of and fluency in the software development life cycle
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base hourly range between $47.12 USD - $66.35 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).